Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Little Distressing Goes a Long Way

I finally did the distressing on the china cabinet today.  I wanted to share what a difference it made!

This is before distressing...


Now, after...


See the difference?  The handles stand out better.


I just can't believe I've went this long on not painting this sucker!


So much better...I can't stop staring....


And the top got a fresh new look.

Sara goes to the DR in the morning.  There has been a little improvement, so I thank you all for your prayers.

Now, I can get on to other things.   
I have a slipcover I am working on for a dear sweet lady in Texas.  This will be my first time doing this technique and I am so very happy that she entrusted me to do this. 

So stay tuned!


7 comments:

  1. Look wonderful. I agree, sometimes a bit of distressing does bring out the detail in a piece.
    Continues prayer and hoping she feels better.
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! Love the blues/whites on the inside!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not locate your email address. Just wanted you to know that you've been featured on my weekly Welcome Wagon Friday post where I introduce new bloggers to my readers. You should be receiving visitors shortly. Welcome to our neighborhood!
    Brenda
    http://www.cozylittlehouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coming here Melanie and am SO glad I get your blog in my email. I always find rest here and joy. Everything is always so beautiful. Even your new china cabinet stressing project has inspired me. Thankyou. Prayers are with your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Popping over from Brenda's blog. I love your cabinet. It is just gorgeous. And the blue and white has always been a favorite of mine. I see you have quite a collection and it looks great. Deb (Ontario, Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  6. iI was just wondering with all the beautiful things you have, how big is your home?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie