Thursday, October 17, 2013

I'm in a Blue Mood

Do you ever have one of those days where things seem to get under your skin?  Well today has been one of those days for me.

I won't go into details because it wouldn't be "nice" of me...but ya know, sometimes I would just love to let loose on a few people!  God forgive me for even thinking that way...
And yes, even Sweet Melanie isn't always so sweet. lol

I had finished sewing for a sweet lady in Texas, so my sewing machine was already out.  It kept calling my name as I puttered around the house feeling bummed.  It's one of my ways to cope along with painting and cleaning, then I can talk to God and ask for help.  

So here's what I've done tonight.  I had a little skirt the the girls outgrew that was the perfect shade of blue.  I held onto it for years just waiting for that perfect way to use it.


See those little ruffles?  


Well, I thought they'd look really cute added to this napkin that I made into a pillow a long time ago.


It just gave it that special little touch and now I have a keepsake from the girls.




Then I added a different ruffle to this one because I didn't have enough of the skirt left.


I love them both!
They kinda remind me of candy....


Then I remembered a photo I had seen on Pinterest of a Union Jack pillow that I fell in love with.  So I went through my fabric and this is what I made.


I'm making some more in pink before I go to bed.  I love this!


I think I'll make another one like this for our bed...maybe make it oblong instead of square.  

So now I'm off to do more sewing...if you all think about it, say a little prayer for me will ya?  God knows I can use them when I get irritated!

5 comments:

  1. Very cute pillows! And I just said a little prayer for you. I know what you mean, sometimes I get that mood that comes over me, and it doesn't make for a "happy Sue". My therapy is to knit and talk to God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie,
    Hope today is better for you. Some days you just have to say good bye and hope for a better one tomorrow. Love the pillows they are so cute.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are charming and the skirt ruffles just finish the one perfectly. Love it! And don't we all have times we feel exactly as you do. It makes us human. But you my dear are and always will be 'Sweet Melonie.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute pillows...hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pillows! Love that soft blue!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie