Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter





Hannah and I went to the store this evening and I asked her what Easter was all about.  She always gets confused for some reason with Christmas and Easter. 
 So, as I was making the girls their Easter baskets (a ritual I do every year), I wanted to do something that would help them remember what Easter is all about in a simple way.   
They both know the story, have seen many plays and heard sermons preached in church all about what Jesus did for you and me.  
But this little poem just jumped out at me as I searched online for something cute and simple.  I found the border online also and thought how cute it would be together. 


I know they are getting too old as some would think for this...but they are my babies and they look forward to their little surprises on Easter Sunday morning.  

I think this is simple enough for anyone to appreciate what Jesus did, don't you?  

Normally, we go to church but I have other plans.  I am taking them to see Heaven is for Real.  I read the book when I first came home from the hospital 3 years ago and it was such a special read for me.  I want them to experience something new that will maybe hit home with them, make them think a little more since they are 15 and 19.  That age, we all started to wonder, ask questions and doubt.  So a movie it is...hopefully plant some new seeds that will blossom into something great!

May God bless your Easter and remember....Jesus gave us life ever after!







3 comments:

  1. Happy easter to you and your family. Enjoy the day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter to you!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you and your sweet family this Easter Sunday, Melanie. I love that poem and am sending ti to my kids! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie