Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Garage Got a Facelift

I had a dear friend show me a photo of her son's new home and how they did around the garage.  She thought I may like it and she was right!  It got my mind pondering how I could make the bare looking garage look nice and tie it better into the rest of the home.  So I began pinning photos on Pinterest, searching Google and just dreaming of how I could do it.

Last year we enclosed the stairs in...which I was so pleased with!  But there was something missing even after I added the brackets to the door opening of the garage.


My sweet Ozzy...how I miss him so.


It just wasn't giving me that "ahhh" feeling, you know, contentment?!


Don't get me wrong, I love our home!  I just have a vision in my head on how I want it to look but money stands in the way most of the time.  
But after thinking about the easiest and cheapest way to get the look I was wanting, I figured it out when we did the door!


We still have to frame out the windows, but I am really getting into sprucing up the outside!


So here it is....I couldn't be any happier!  My welcome sign that I had above our entry door looks great now above the garage.  I didn't want to break the bank with this project, so I decided to just frame it out with the vinyl moulding I found at Lowes when we did the door.  This project cost under $120!  


Way cheaper and easier than adding a ledge like I've seen, kind of like a mini pergola.  Plus we didn't want to drill into the brick.  We used a quick adheisive....which worked great!  

Now I can't wait for all of the pretty flowers, my ferns, and the sunny warm weather to come!


I have my planters ready!

And here's a look at our neighbors dog that has been coming over to visit.  He's such a doll...I think he likes us because he has swam a high creek to get to us, lol.  After all of the rain we've had, our creek has been really high.  Gabe usually goes over to play with him but he's not quite as brave as this little fella.


He just stares a hole right through you....

So there ya have what I've been up to the past couple of days!  I hope you all have a great weekend!




5 comments:

  1. That looks really sweet, Melanie. Your whole home just exudes love and beauty. I can tell it is loved! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love where did you get the brackets i would love to do mine you are surely an insperiation :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and it really made quite an improvement, I know how your feel when you get something in your head and you just can't get it right. But it really turned so good.
    Your new little friend is darling - looks like a lab so they like the water. Maybe they aren't good to her and that is why she comes to your house.
    Have a great weekend - I worked in the garden for 6 hours today - will be sore tomorrow LOL.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,
    You know how I love that front door. That looks amazing and I love that deck/porch you have. It is so gorgeous. Your neighbors dog is so cute. He has a very sweet face.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie it truly is the little things that can make such a difference. I love the brackets!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie