Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Little Therapy for me Today

This past week has been a busy one for me and my family.  But the good kind of busy....we've all been with my Aunt Judy and she is making huge improvements every day!


I made some signs to hang in her room when she was first transported to a wonderful hospital in my city.  Mike and my girls did this for me a few years back when I was in the hospital and it made me have hope each day to fight and get better. 

Aunt Judy loves them along with the Dr's and nurses.  I watch them all enter her room and see them read them all.  I want everyone to know this lady is one super duper person that loves the Lord!

As of yesterday (6-6-14) she passed her barium swallowing test and when I visited yesterday evening, she was so eager to tell us that she was eating and to ask for a Pepsi (her favorite drink).  She ate applesauce, some type of pork gravy, all of the ice she could ever want and some ginger ale.  What a major difference from the day before where she was allowed nothing.  I see God moving in leaps and bounds with my Judy!  Keep praying...the prayers are working!!!

Now, for me today, I haven't felt so good.  I think I've run myself a little ragged.  So I thought about what makes me happy and feel better.  You all have to know by now that it's sewing! wink wink

So this is what I made....


Nothing big, but just a few ruffles added to a table cloth I had for my end table.  It definitely picked my spirits up! 
It's my therapy as I like to call it.


Can you say RUFFLES?


And more RUFFLES!

Then that led to something else I love to do....PAINT!


This was given to me with the mirror unattached and the wood was in it's original form (brown).  So I pulled out my paint and brush, painted the wood and then attached the mirror with some heavy duty adhesive.  The applique was missing from the top so I painted the scrolly design to give it a little something extra.


It is old...just look at how beautiful the etching on the mirror is!   Now I just need to figure out where to hang it.  I think it turned out beautifully!


But I may rest a bit for now.  I hope you all are enjoying your weekend.  I know I am so blessed to have peace of mind knowing that my Judy is getting better and better every day....thank you Jesus and to all who've been praying!




5 comments:

  1. This sweet post brought tears. Prayers for complete healing for Judy and you feel better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that Judy is doing so much better. Love your ruffles -everything looks so good. Now you need to rest a little as you have been on a roller coaster with all that is going on.
    Will continue to pray for Judy and a speedy recovery.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your aunt is doing better. Yes, the signs help immensely! Sorry you are not feeling up to par, but you need a nap and some Vit. D-3 and B-12, I am sure. :) Love the ruffles...they looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying each and everyday for the covering of Jesus blood over Aunt Judy and all of your family and down on my knees at night as well.Maybe you could make something for your Aunt Judy like a pretty frilly cushion or a little frilly tablecloth to help make it all look a little more homely and pretty for her in her hospital room as she recovers.
    Lots of loves from Lisa and all of us in South Australia Down Under.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! It's funny you relax by working....
    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie