Monday, January 5, 2015

~Another Slipcover~

The New Year is looking promising.  I've been doing what I love to do do so maybe that is a sign!

I had this little chair in the garage and even started working on it this past summer by painting it with chalk paint.  But...I ran out of paint, so she's sat all alone and unfinished until today.


I really loved the tufting and wanted to preserve it since it was in excellent condition.  Just not the right color and I hated the wood piece at the top.  So I took it off, ripped off the skirt and carried it upstairs and got started.



I went to Target the other night and seen that the "Shabby Chic" sheets were on sale.  I bought a king set in the candy pink floral.  I have another set for Hannah's bed.  I've loved the print and thought it would look beautiful with the Bella Rose Blue I have in the living room and kitchen.



I cut the elastic from the fitted sheet, draped it over the chair with the back side on top (inside out) and started pinning.  Then I cut a slit in the back for easily slipping on and off. 


I added a strip inside with extra fabric so it would give way and make it easy to put on and take off since the top of the back was wider than the bottom.


Then adding ties to keep it pulled nice and tight for when in use.


You know me...I love little raw edged ruffles.  It's so much easier than trying to make cording.  
And cheaper!


I still am not sure where I want to put it, but with this print, it looks so well with all of the other floral prints I'm using.


Doesn't it look perfect paired  with the Bella Rose Blue?


And even the Cherry Blossom too!  Thankfully it's a light chair and I can carry it anywhere in the house with ease, lol.  Who knows where she'll end up!




10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous transformation - the sheet was a perfect solution. Last summer I used curtains I liked to recover some chair cushions. Yours is such a sweet chair that I'm sure you will find it fits in all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie,

    I love your blog! Everything is so sweet and delicate ...

    The transformation was wonderful!

    Hugs,

    Nanda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your slip cover. So girly. You did a fabulous job on it. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love the design you created~~~Do you make slipcovers for others? You should! Too lovely~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Melanie. Oh how I wish I could sew like you. What a pretty slipcover you made to relove this chair. So sweet and pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed at how fast you can get your sewing projects done. I love to sew, but I don't do it often because it takes me forever.

    I saw your burnt finger on your last post. Next time you are in Michael's, go back near the paint stuff where they sell the Mod Podge stuff and look for the Glue Gun Helper line. They sell these little silicione things that fit on your finger tips along with a mat for your glue gun and various silicone tools to secure your work as you are gluing. Those finger tip things are a lifesaver and really help prevent burns. I bought two packs to wear on both hands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's adorable!
    do you just ruffle fabric separately and add over top of seam?
    it does look adorable with it on there.
    thanks.
    always love your FB posts, and they alert me to reading the extra on your blog.

    be blessed
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

  8. En arribar a aquest dia, no puc deixar de pensar en la infantesa, aquells moments plens de màgia, que tots hem viscut en la nostra infància

    Feliç Dia de Reis ♕ ♕ ♕

    ✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
    . . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
    ……...…♥ •.¸.•´♥……………
    Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com (^‿^)✿ petons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great transformation, Melanie! You're off to a good start in the new year, I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Melanie!! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie