Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fabric Roses

I hope you all aren't getting tired of me yet!  I finally finished the cornice and think it turned out better than I ever thought it could.

First, let me say this:  I had the brilliant idea of making fabric roses to add to the curve as trim because I get so impatient.  I just couldn't wait to make a run to the hardware store, the next day,  to buy sandpaper for my sander.  The uneven lines were driving me nuts. 

So here's what I did.  I made over 130 fabric roses and used construction adhesive because I sure wasn't using the hot glue gun and getting burnt like I did last time!


After the adhesive dried, I then Mod Podged them all so they would be hard as a rock and protected.  
Perfect!  


This was a no cost project for me because I had everything on hand, so that was a WIN WIN for me!


I am so happy with how it all turned out.  I made some curtains from voile panels adding ruffles to the bottom and then tying back with a large fabric rose and tulle.  I love how it frames the two spaces and gives division without cutting back on the area space.  Cutting the curves makes it feel like you have more head room even though our ceilings are 8 feet.


Sometimes, it takes me awhile to get it right after thinking a bit, but I finally did it!  When you have that "yes, this is it" moment, you feel at rest then.


From both sides, it looks so pretty!  I love waking up to this view.  So soft on the eyes....


And I just love how the curtains came out!


I worked on the office area too.  Remember those boxes being brown and cream?  I couldn't take it anymore, so I painted them.   
Here's the before:


Here's the after:
Now don't they look better painted?


I found a neat little board at Home Goods too that is perfect for hiding those post in notes that my hubby has everywhere.  Now he can't blame me for losing them when I clean up.   
Tee Hee Hee 


Adding the iron brackets  under the desk was one of those late night "ah ha" moments.  Like why didn't I ever think of that before now? 


 I  also lowered the office sign and moved things around a bit.  For being under the stairs, this little office area really functions perfectly for us!


It was such a sunny day here today so I wanted to take a photo of the circus bed as we are calling it.  Even though we "have" to have the drop ceiling and carpet for our bedroom in the basement, I am quite content and pleased with it all.  It is a dream and I am blessed to have what I have! 
  
If you are noticing that my watermarks are in the middle of my photos, it is a precaution due to blogs stealing my photos, cropping out my name and pretending like it is theirs.
We've worked hard at what we've done to our home and when someone tries to take credit for our hard work, well I could spit nails!
Okay, rant over.


So what do you think about the cornice?  Think those little fabric roses would work on anything of yours?  I know I am going around looking for places to put them now, lol.

I hope this week is going well for all of you and know that I appreciate each of you for following me.  Be blessed and have a great hump day!






7 comments:

  1. Wow it turned out beautiful.....

    Smiles~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness....it's so beautiful! I would never want to get out of bed LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "roses" on the valance......but then, I love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it's gorgeous! I love white! My husband, daughter, puppy and two cats don't like it as much, however, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your home. I found your blog about a week ago and read all of it! Very similar tastes... I put fabric roses on llano shades, picture frames even clothes when I sew for my grand daughter. Hope all is well and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those roses are definitely the icing on the cake.....what a great finished look. I Love it. All your latest updates are so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. came over from FB and so glad I did. fun to see all the details, and how you did them. you have an amazing creative mind, and your beautiful home shows it.
    thank you for sharing your ideas. the rose thing, well, who would have thought of that but you.

    be blessed amazing lady, and thanks again for sharing.

    barb
    Treasures from the Heart
    FB and 'not too much done on it these days', blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie