Thursday, November 26, 2015

Christmas Kitchen 2015

I'm so excited  to start sharing our home for Christmas!  We'll start in the kitchen since it's the day after Thanksgiving and that's where all of the action happened.


I really am loving our kitchen all decorated this year.  I say every year that "this is the prettiest it's ever been"....and each year it gets better and better to me!


Using what I had from the past, I filled the picket planter with lots of faux pine, poinsettias, snowflakes and glass ornaments.  


It seems snowflakes are a theme this year and I didn't even plan it that way.  They go perfectly with everything, don't you think?


The icy feeling is carried to the chest that sits in front of the window wall.


But the warm glow of candle light melts away any cold.


I've had this jingle bell wreath for almost 25 years.  It is  pale pink wrapped in pine with pink glass candy canes on either side.  The cement dove is the perfect centerpiece to adorn it.  It's funny how some creative juices and being on a tight budget help nudge one into making their own centerpiece instead of buying one.


A few years ago, I made these stockings.  Never have they hung by the mantle.  The little blue bird ornaments give them a touch of color to tie them in with the mantle dressing.


Keeping it kind of simple definitely makes it light and bright.


The scrolly stands on each side of the mantle are decorated with simple pine draping downwards with glass ornaments and poinsettias along with snow flakes.  Eating dinner here is a true pleasure to the eyes.



I wanted both rooms to tie into each other.  I'm quite pleased with the results!


I truly love our kitchen and how it flows nicely into the living room.  I decorated before Halloween, so I couldn't use real pine.  I am, however, adding touches to the faux pine now since we are almost into December.  The smell is wonderful!


I'll be sharing more photos of our kitchen as the days go by.  Come back on Saturday to see the reveal of the tree.  Until then, have a blessed Friday!


5 comments:

  1. I had to giggle at your comment about "keeping it kind of simple." Your kitchen needs to be featured in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so ethereal...simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dios te bendiga mi querida hermana , muy preciosa la cocina , me encanta ,se ve muy romantica . ¿sabes que gracias a ti conoci la pintura de tiza ? pues si , tu la nombraste en una entrada antigua , que pintabas todos tus muebles con dicha pintura , entonces busque en internet que pintura era y la encontre . Se vende en un comercio de aqui donde yo vivo " leroy merlin " . Compre unas latas y estoy pintando mis muebles del salon con la pintura y ¡¡¡ me encanta !!!!! jeje , asique muchas gracias , besitos y abrazos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie