Sunday, January 31, 2016

Everything is White

This weekend proved to me that I do love white!  
The hood over the stove has been an eye sore to me for years.  After my sweetie buying me white spray paint for a Christmas present, I decided today was a good day to put it to good use.  The sun was shining and it was warm...perfect for painting outside.


This is the before.  Stainless...I hated it!  It has never went with anything in this kitchen, even when the cabinets weren't painted.  


The after...now isn't that much better?


It looks so much brighter and cleaner, not to mention, it flows right in with the cabinet above it.

I used a high heat enamel.  I have painted hoods before, so I knew that painting this one would work great.  As long as you use the right paint, it will stand the test of time.  Much cheaper than buying a new one.


And you may have noticed...I painted the cabinets a bright white.  They were an antique white before.  Everything looks so much better!


The bright white definitely fits my taste!


I added the corner pieces to the sink opening where the skirt is.  They came from an old mirror.  I love them more than the other two I had there.


I am thrilled with how the kitchen looks now....and that that hood is no longer stainless!


Onto other news, look at how beautiful my sweet daughters are!


I decided with all of the snow we had, it would be the perfect time to take their pictures.  


They turned out absolutely beautiful, don't you think?!

Now, I think I will relax and enjoy what little bit of the weekend that is left.  I hope all of you are well and that your new week about to begin, is a blessed one!


5 comments:

  1. The range hood looks PERFECT and I love the bright white on the cabinets. Of course, I'm a little prejudiced about the girls, but the truth is the truth: they're beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! The hood over my stove is stainless too and does not even serve much of a purpose as they did not vent it outside when they put it in....I shall have to go on a hunt for the high heat enamel and figure out how to remove the hood. Thanks for all your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I would prefer a stainless range hood but the white one looks so much better in your kitchen. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your kitchen is magical, sweet and so lovely, in another life I need one JUST like it, but your daughters are so much more so....their pictures came out wonderful, you put together a beautiful triad collage! I love the hair color. I used to travel alot and in New Mexico there is an entire population of women with grey'silver hair usually worn in long braids and I adored every single one of them and couldn't wait to go grey myself, but its taking quite a long time, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever thing it would be a 'trend'.....I love the girls who do this, so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think you could paint a range hood. I am definitely going to try this. Thank you so much for the inspiration. And your daughters are beautiful! Love Love Love their hair.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping in...I love hearing from you! Hugs, Melanie